Shiitake Stuffed Steak
|Steak||3 Pound (cut with pockets)|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked ham slices||5|
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Onion||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
1. In a bowl rub garlic powder over steak and keep it aside.
2. In a chopping bowl, chop thyme, parsley, ham and mushrooms.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter in low flame.
4. Add garlic and shallots and brown it.
5. Combine mushrooms mixture and cook for further 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
6. Stir in wine and cook for a minute.
7. Remove the mushroom mixture from heat and spoon it into the steak pocket.
8. Stuff very firmly. Use a trussing thread and needle to close the steak.
9. Broil the steak, till it gets tender.
10. Serve the stuffed steak in hot parsley butter sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3397 Calories from Fat 1896
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324.4%
Saturated Fat 89.5 g447.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 795 mg265%
Sodium 1772.6 mg73.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 314 g627.2%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 136.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet