|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned italian tomatoes||17 Ounce (1 can)|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bone in chuck steak||2 Pound|
|Unseasoned instant meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, add onion and garlic and saute in oil till soft.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar.
3) Allow the sauce to simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
4) Trim off any excess fat from the steak and score the remaining fat edge at every inch.
5) Sprinkle meat with the tenderizer, as per label directions.
6) Heat a large skillet and pan-broil the steak, turning once, 5 minutes on each side, or till the steak is done as desired.
7) Place the steak on a cutting board and carve thin slices.
8) Place back into the skillet.
9) Stir in the reserved tomato sauce and simmer for 3 minutes till flavors blend well.
10) Serve with hot Italian bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2704 Calories from Fat 1693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.5%
Saturated Fat 62.5 g312.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 600 mg200%
Sodium 4838 mg201.6%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.9%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 156 g312%
Vitamin A 67.5% Vitamin C 117.6%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 85.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet