Oven Baked Cheddar Steak
|Beef chuck steak||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 no.)|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled steak sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Remove the steak from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
2) When ready to cook, sprinkle with the meat tenderizer as per label directions.
3) Use steak sauce to brush both sides.
4) Place on a rack in a broiler pan.
5) Place in a hot oven at 450° for 25 minutes for rare, or till done as desired.
6) Remove from the oven and turn off the heat.
7) Sprinkle over with pecans and cheese and return to heated oven till the cheese melts.
8) Slice into 1/4-inch-thickness.
9) Spoon over the juices and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 494
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g86.9%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126 mg42%
Sodium 1666.4 mg69.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 44% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet