Barbecued Steak Roast
|Round steak/Blade-bone chuck steak /boneless round steak||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut about 1 1/2 inches thick|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Trim the excess fat from steak and leave a narrow strip around the edge. Score the fat at every inch so the meat will lie flat while cooking.
2) Sprinkle tenderizer over the steak, as per the directions on the label.
3) Brush with sauce.
4) Place the steak over hot coals and grill for 15 minutes.
5) Flip over, brush again with barbecue sauce and continue grilling for another 15 minutes for rare, or till done as desired.
6) Place on a cutting board and carve the meat diagonally into about-1/2-inch-thick slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2017 Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.1%
Saturated Fat 37 g185%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 460 mg153.3%
Sodium 1780 mg74.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 240 g480%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 20% Iron 55.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet