Barbecued Steak Roast
|Round steak/Blade-bone chuck steak /boneless round steak||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut about 1 1/2 inches thick|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Trim the excess fat from steak and leave a narrow strip around the edge. Score the fat at every inch so the meat will lie flat while cooking.
2) Sprinkle tenderizer over the steak, as per the directions on the label.
3) Brush with sauce.
4) Place the steak over hot coals and grill for 15 minutes.
5) Flip over, brush again with barbecue sauce and continue grilling for another 15 minutes for rare, or till done as desired.
6) Place on a cutting board and carve the meat diagonally into about-1/2-inch-thick slices.