|Small onion||1 , chopped for 1/4 cup|
|Garlic||1 Small, minced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 can)|
|Instant beef bouillon/1 beef-bouillon cube||5 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Flank steak||2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Unseasoned instant meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a small pan, heat onion, garlic and water to boiling and cook for 10 minutes, or till the liquid evaporates.
2) Reduce the heat and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes till the onion lightly browns.
3) Dust over the flour and stir. Take off the heat.
4) Drain the liquid from the mushrooms into 1-cup measure, keeping aside the mushrooms for later use.
5) Add water to make 1 cup. Stir the liquid into the onion mixture with instant bouillon or bouillon cube and chili sauce.
6) Cook, stirring constantly till the mix thickens and boils for 1 minute.
7) Stir in the mushrooms and sugar.
8) Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes till the flavors blend in.
9) Moisten the steak and sprinkle with meat tenderizer, as per label directions.
10) Broil, following range manufacturer's directions, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare, 5 to 6 minutes for medium.
11) Place the steak on a cutting board and carve diagonally into thin slices.
12) Spoon hot sauce over.