Mushroom Steak Bake
|Mushroom soup mix envelope||1 Ounce (2 to a package)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Chuck beef roast||4 Pound, cut 1 1/2 inches thick|
1) On a sheet of 24x18 heavy foil, mix dry soup mix and onion.
2) Roll the roast in the mix and to coat well.
3) Loosely wrap and seal the edges.
4) Place on a cookie sheet and bake in oven at 350° for 3 hours.
5) Take out and reset temperature control to BROIL.
6) Slit the foil across the top and fold back without letting the gravy run.
7) Broil roast for 5 minutes, or till the top is browned.
8) Carve into slices of 1/4-inch-thickness and top with the gravy from the foil.