Gourmet Steak Platter
|Cabbage head||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flank steak||2 Pound (1 no)|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1|
|Italian salad dressing||4 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, add the cabbage with salt, caraway seeds and enough water to almost cover.
2) Place a lid over the pan and cook for 15 minutes, or till just tender.
3) Lift out the cabbage and drain well.
4) Cut out the core and place the cabbage, rounded side up, on a heated serving platter.
5) Cut into 6 wedges but leave in shape. Keep warm.
6) Moisten the steak with water and sprinkle with meat tenderizer as per label directions.
7) Brush one side with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing.
8) Broil, following range manufacturer's directions for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn.
9) Brush the other side with the remaining salad dressing.
10) Broil for another 3 to 4 minutes for rare, 5 to 6 minutes for medium or till done as desired.
11) Place onto a cutting board and carve diagonally into thin slices.
12) Place overlapping to cover the cabbage completely.
13) Top with 4 more rolled up slices, jelly-roll fashion, held in place with wooden picks. Tuck a sprig of parsley into each roll.