Pepper Steak Broil
|Round steak slice||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick (1 slice)|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed italian herbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
1) Dampen the steaks and add meat tenderizer over the top as per the label directions.
2) Arrange in a glass or plastic dish.
3) In a 2-cup measure, mix in wine vinegar or cider vinegar along with olive oil or vegetable oil, herbs, garlic and bay leaf.
4) Add over the meat and place a lid over.
5) Refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning the meat several times to season evenly.
6) When ready to broil, remove the steak from the marinade. (Reserve the marinade liquid. Strain, heat and use as a dip or sauce for the steak, if desired.)
7) Arrange the steak on a broiler rack.
8) Sprinkle over evenly with half of the seasoned pepper.
9) Place about 6 inches away from the heat, and broil for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Turn and sprinkle with the remaining seasoned pepper.
11) Broil for 8 to 10 minutes more for rare, or till done as desired.
12) Place the steak on a cutting board.
13) Cut diagonally into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
14) Goes well with skillet-browned potatoes.