We are going to sear this steak on the stove and finish it in a very hot oven. In order to do this, you will need an ovenproof skillet – preferably iron cast. If you do not have one you will have to cook the whole thing on the stove.
Beef flank steak
Black pepper powder
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. If possible, set your rack in the center of your oven.
2. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat your skillet on high heat until very hot.
4. Add the oil.
5. Place the steak in the middle of your pan and sear for 2 minutes.
6. Flip and sear for an extra 2 minutes. Both sides should be well browned.
7. Place the skillet inside the oven and cook for an extra 5 minutes for medium rare or a little longer for medium.
8. Remove the meat from the oven, or stovetop, and place on a carving board.
9. Cover it loosely with some aluminum foil and let it rest for a few minutes.
10. Cut the beef thinly and on the diagonal.
11. Use a sharp knife to have an even cut.
12. Serve it and drizzle it with chimichurri sauce.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that pan seared flank steak is every carnivore’s dream come true. Juicy flank steak, marinated and cooked in a pan, tastes like a dream. And it barely warrants and laborious efforts too. Just stream the video and you will know what a cakewalk it is to make pan seared flank steak at home.