|Flank steaks||5 Pound (4 In Number, About 1 1/4 Pound / 625 Grams Each)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme/2 teaspoon dried thyme||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
1. Grease a grill well with fat.
2. To prepare the steaks trim excess fat from them and score both sides at 2-inch (5 cm) intervals and place in large shallow bowl.
3. In a bowl combine wine, oil, vinegar, thyme, pepper, garlic and bay leaves and pour over steaks.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
5. Drain steaks well, reserving marinade.
6. Grill on greased grill, 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) from medium-hot coals on medium-high setting, brushing often with marinade, for 4 to 6 minutes per side until cooked to desired doneness.
7. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes.
8. Season steaks with salt to taste and cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
9. Serve the slices spreading on a serving plate and with garnish as desired.