Ranch Round Steak
|Beef round steak||3 Pound, cut into serving sized pieces (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) From the meat, trim the excess fat and slash the edges in order to prevent curling during cooking.
2) Combine together the dry mustard, flour, salt and pepper. Coat the meat with the mixture. Reserve the remaining mixture.
3) In a skillet, heat the Crisco and brown the coated meat, half at a time, on both the sides.
4) Push the meat to one side of the skillet and add the reserved flour mixture. Stir well.
5) Combine together the Worcestershire sauce and water and stir into the mixture in the skillet.
6) Cook and stir till the mixture is bubbly and thick.
7) Reduce the heat, cover the skillet and simmer gently for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, till the meat is tender.
8) Place the cooked meat on a warmed serving platter, drizzle the gravy from the skillet all over (after skimming off the excess fat) and serve while still hot. Makes a good main course dish, especially when served with a green salad on the side.