Broiled Steak with Tomato Coulis
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , coarsely grated|
|Canned diced tomatoes in sauce||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Top round steak||8 Ounce|
|Sharp dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the steak and place on paper towels.
2) Preheat the broiler.
3) In a pan, add oil and heat.
4) Add in garlic and lightly brown.
5) Stir in onion and carrot, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
6) Add tomatoes and sauce and simmer briskly, till sauce reduces by half.
7) Stir in basil and allow to gently simmer.
8) Place steak under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
9) When steak is turned to second side, add sauce with mustard to blender and blend till liquid.
10) Transfer sauce to pan and heat.
11) Cut steak to thin strips with tie grain.
12) Add sauce on plates and steak strips.
13) Pour a thin ribbon of sauce over each portion.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 785 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.5 mg55.8%
Sodium 914.4 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.9%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 51 g102.7%
Vitamin A 235.8% Vitamin C 98%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 58.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet