|Round steak||1⁄2 Pound (About 3/4-Inch Thick)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cut in 1-inch pieces|
1) Beat the steak with a hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
2) In a skillet, saute the steak in shortening, until browned and drain off the excess fat.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water and lemon juice.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
5) Stir in the green peppers and stir occasionally and cook for another 30 minutes, until the steak is tender.
6) Serve the Pepper Steak immediately on serving plates.