|Round steak||1⁄2 Pound (About 3/4-Inch Thick)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cut in 1-inch pieces|
1) Beat the steak with a hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
2) In a skillet, saute the steak in shortening, until browned and drain off the excess fat.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water and lemon juice.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
5) Stir in the green peppers and stir occasionally and cook for another 30 minutes, until the steak is tender.
6) Serve the Pepper Steak immediately on serving plates.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 23 mg7.7%
Sodium 298.9 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet