Peppered Plank Steak
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Gingerroot||1 Teaspoon, crushed (Green Variety)|
|Green peppers||6 , cut in 1/2 inch strips|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||3 , cut in 1 1/2 -inch pieces|
|Canned whole mushrooms||10 Ounce (1 Can, 5 Or 10 Ounce)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced (For Garnish)|
1) Slice the meat, across the grain.
2) In a non-stick pan, sautÃ© garlic, meat, salt, pepper and ginger.
3) Cover and simmer until meat is almost done.
4) Remove the meat from the pan and place it on warm plate.
5) In the same pan, sautÃ© green peppers, soy sauce, water, sweetener and scallions until peppers are tender.
6) In a clean non-stick pan, place mushrooms, meat and green pepper mixtures.
7) Heat until stir until heated through.
8) Serve hot with chives.