Steak on A Skewer
|Red burgundy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, partially frozen (To Make It Easier To Slice)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 12 pieces|
|Mushrooms||6 Large, sliced through stem in thirds|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Needed)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a shallow baking dish, mix all marinade ingredients.
2. Cutting across the grain, partially slice frozen flank steak to 1/3 inch thickness.
3. Add the sliced flank steaks to the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. In a medium saucepan, boil water and simmer green pepper in it for 5 minutes until just tender.
5. Adjust grill height to 6 inches from the coal.
6. On 6 long skewers, thread in the sequence of cherry tomatoes, green pepper and mushrooms.
7. Place the skewers over the grill, grill over low coals for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness; turn occasionally and brush with remaining marinade.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with a sauce or drink.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 442.3 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet