Grilled NY Strip Steaks
|Grilled ny strip steaks:|
|New york strip steak||2|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Horseradish mustard sauce:|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Steak meat||5 Ounce (Leftover steak)|
|Roasted red peppers||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed baby greens||2 Ounce|
|Avocado||1⁄4 , chop|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce|
1. For the Grilled NY Strip Steaks: Put the steaks into a baking dish and marinate with the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary and salt and pepper. Make sure to season both sides of the steaks.
2. Let the steaks sit for at least 15 minutes.
3. Use dry rosemary stems into the charcoal fire, as it gives extra flavor to the steaks. Put the steaks over the grill in really hot fire. Grill them for about 5-6 minutes per side.
4. Pour the remaining marinade over the steaks, while cooking.
5. Flip over, when the bottom part is done and repeat the same process of grilling.
6. When both the parts are browned move the steaks over less-hot part of the grill and continue to cook for another 7-8 minutes. To make them rare done, the internal temperature should reach to 110F. For preparing medium-rare, you should keep the steaks on the grill for another 3-4 minutes. For medium-rare, the internal temperature is going to be 120F.
7. Remove the steaks from the fire into a container, when they are done and let them sit for about 5 minutes before cutting.
8. For the Horseradish Mustard Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the horseradish, Dijon mustard, buttermilk, sour cream, freshly chopped rosemary and salt and pepper.
8. Thinly slice the steaks to serve with plenty of mixed greens on the side. Spoon the sauce right over the steak slices and finish it with fresh pepper and salt.
For the leftover steak:
1. Heat the flour tortilla on a gas stove to make it soft.
2. Put the warm tortilla on a plate and fill the middle with the steak slices, roasted red peppers, sour cream, few fresh cilantro leaves, few mixed baby greens, sliced avocados, grated cheddar cheese and salsa.
3. Fold the tortilla and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1719 Calories from Fat 872
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.3%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 324.4 mg108.1%
Sodium 5154.7 mg214.8%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 129 g258.1%
Vitamin A 69.9% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 52% Iron 90.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet