Oven Barbecued Steaks
|Round steak||8 Pound, cut 3/4 inch thick|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Ketchup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash the meat and pat dry. Trim it into 25 serving pieces.
2. In a large skillet, brown the meat on both sides in hot oil till completely cooked.
3. Place in shallow baking trays.
4. Add the onions to the skillet and cook them in the pan drippings.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet and cook again.
6. Bring this mixture to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes till done.
7. Pour this mixture over the meat, cover the pan, and bake in a preheated slow oven (325°F.) for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
8. Skim off the fat as it accumulates on the surface
9. Serve hot