|Regular tofu||20 Ounce (2 Cakes, 10 Ounce / 285 Gram Each)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon (Rounded)|
|Bonito flakes||4 Tablespoon (Rounded, Loose)|
|Fresh ginger||1 1⁄2 Inch, finely grated|
1. Wrap each cake of tofu in a cloth and set on a cutting board. Raise one end of cutting board slightly and place a heavy plate or another cutting board on top of tofu to press out excess moisture. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, prepare CONDIMENTS.
3. Cut tofu in half crosswise. Sprinkle soy sauce over tofu, turning each piece to coat all sides. Allow any excess soy sauce to drain off. Coat with flour.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet to medium and cook tofu on top and bottom (on all sides if an extra crunchy exterior is desired) until golden brown. While tofu is cooking, combine SAUCE ingredients. When tofu is done, pour sauce over tofu, then immediately remove pan from heat.
5. Arrange tofu on individual serving dishes with side cooked last face up. Sprinkle on chopped green onion and bonito flakes. Add grated ginger. Spoon some sauce from skillet around (not over) tofu and serve immediately.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1097.5 mg45.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet