Peppered Steaks Flamed with Brandy
|For the steaks|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Sirloin strip steaks||40 Ounce (4 In Number, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Coarsely cracked black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Brandy/Armagnac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon|
1. Into both sides of the steaks, press the pepper and season with a little salt; let it stand for 30 minutes.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet or sautÃ© pan, heat oil, add the steaks, and sautÃ© over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare and 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
3. Transfer the steak to a plate and keep warm.
4. From the same pan, remove excess fat and heat oil.
5. Stir in the shallots and the mushrooms; and sautÃ© over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from heat and carefully add the brandy and ignite; let the alcohol burn off.
7. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, chives, butter, and 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is thoroughly combined and smooth.
8. On warm serving plates, place steaks and spoon sauce over them.
9. Serve immediately.