Bacon Steak in the Microwave
|Bacon slices||4 , cut up|
|Beef boneless round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced and separated into rings|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, trim off the excess fat from steak.
2. Use a steak hammer or base of a small saucepan to flatten the steak to 1/4-inch thickness.
3. Slice steak in serving-size pieces.
4. Season the flour with pepper and dredge the meat with the flour on both sides. Keep aside.
5. In a large microwaveable casserole or dish, place the bacon.
6. Use a paper towel to loosely cover the bacon.
7. Place the dish in the microwave oven and cook at HIGH for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes, turning once, until crisp.
8. Remove the bacon from dish over paper towels.
9. To the bacon drippings, add floured steak.
10. Arrange the onion rings and bacon strips over the steak pieces.
11. In a measuring cup pour hot water and add bouillon granules. Stir until well dissolved.
12. Pour the bouillon over the meat.
13. Cover the dish with a glass lid or plastic wrap making sure there is a way for steam to escape.
14. Place in the microwave and set the power at level 5
15. Cook the steak for 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender, checking with a fork for doneness
16. Let the meat stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
17. Serve the steak with the gravy spooned on top
18. Accompany with bread, potatoes or rice if you like.