Microwaved Boneless Pepper Steak
|Steak||500 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Boneless steak||500 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Soy sauce||25 Milliliter|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, cut in to chunks|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Beef broth||125 Milliliter|
1. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the broth and blend until smooth. Keep aside.
2. In a, 8-inch square dish, pour the oil.
3. In the microwave, heat the oil for 2 minutes at High.
4. Add the steak, soy sauce and ginger to this.
5. Place the dish back in the microwave and cook for 3-4 minutes at High, stirring once.
6. Add the salt, pepper and onions and mix well.
7. Cover with a plastic wrap and in the microwave, cook for 5-8 minutes at High, until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
8. Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
9. Place the dish back in the microwave and cook for 2-4 minutes at High, till the sauce thickens.
10. Serve hot.
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.5 mg39.2%
Sodium 687.8 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 53 g106.6%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 113.2%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet