|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Russet potatoes||3 Medium, scrubbed and dried|
|Fine salt||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Once Around The Pan)|
|New york strip steaks||48 Ounce (4 Steaks, 3/4-Inch Thick, 12 Ounces Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To prepare potatoes cut them into thin slices lengthwise, cut each slice further into thin shoestring strips and lay them on paper towels to dry a bit.
2. In a deep frying pan over medium heat Heat 1 & 1/2 to 2 inches oil, place about half of the potatoes at a time into hot oil, cooking partially about for 3 minutes and transfer to a towel-lined plate.
3. Raise heat to medium-high for and leave for 2 to 3 minutes for oil to reach a higher temperature.
4. To the oil add back the potatoes in 2 batches to crisp them to a deep, golden brown color giving another 2 to 3 minutes per batch.
5. Over clean paper towels place the potatoes to drain and season with fine salt.
6. Heating a large nonstick skillet to high heat add a little oil to coat pan, sear steaks, 2 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium rare, 7 to 8 for medium well.
7. To a warm plate remove steaks to rest.
8. In the pan cook the shallots in 2 tablespoons butter for 2 or 3 minutes and stirring in flour, cook a minute longer.
9. Into the pan whisk wine and scrape up pan drippings.
10. Adding the last pat of butter, remove pan from heat.
11. Over the steaks spoon wine and shallot sauce and serve with hot, shoestring potatoes.
Calories 1375 Calories from Fat 978
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.2%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.4 mg47.1%
Sodium 1630.4 mg67.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 56 g112.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet