Mandarin Style Steak
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion soup mix||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Onion soup mix envelope||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
|Toasted sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut steak into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
2. In a 4-quart casserole, heat oil on High for 1-1/2 minutes.
3. Add meat.
4. Cook on High for 3 minutes; stir.
5. Cook for another 1-1/2 minutes.
6. Add soup mix, soy sauce, ginger and water.
7. Cover the casserole.
8. Cook on Low for 25 minutes until meat is tender.
9. Add water chestnuts, green pepper and tomato.
10. Cook on High for 1 minute.
11. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
12. Garnish with sesame seeds.
13. Serve with crisp Chinese noodles.