Slow Cooked Pepper Steak
|Beef round steak||2 Pound, cut into 3x1 inch strips|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green peppers||2 , cut into strips|
|Tomatoes||4 , cut into eights|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, brown the beef in oil and put the cooked beef in a slow cooker.
2) Combine together the garlic, soy sauce, onions, sugar, salt, giner and pepper and pour the mixture all over the meat.
3) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
4) Add the tomatoes and green pepper and cook for another 1 hour.
5) Combine together the cornstarch and water to make a smooth paste. Add the paste to the slow cooker and stir well.
6) Cook over high heat till the concoction has thickened. This usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Serve hot over noodles or rice.