|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|White wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Fillet steaks/Rump steaks||6|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, halved (115 Gram)|
|Irish whiskey||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcester sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarse grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1) TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Heat a pan and melt butter/oil. Sauté 1 onion and carrot.
2) Put in 1 tbsp parsley, thyme, bay leaf, wine, stock and tomato puree. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and keep warm.
3) Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add the steaks and brown quickly for 7 to 8 minutes. Take away from the pan and keep warm.
4) Pour the pan juices to sauce.
6) To the pan, add a knob of butter and a little oil in the pan. Sauté the remaining onion until soft.
7) Put in mushrooms and 1 tbsp parsley. Sauté for a further minute.
8) Put the steaks back to the pan, heat through.
9) Spoon whiskey over the steaks and flambé.
10) Close the pan with lid after 10 seconds and put out the flames.
11) Line the steaks on a heated serving plate.
12) Pour the sauce into the mushroom mixture. Add in cream and stir.
13) Gently reheat. Do not boil.
14) Put in seasoning, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
15) Spoon the sauce around the steak.
16) Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.2 mg40.4%
Sodium 303.4 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 36 g72.2%
Vitamin A 54% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet