1) Keep frozen halibut to thaw at room temperature.
2) Arrange the steaks in a refrigerator dish.
3) In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients and add over the steaks.
4) Cover the dish and allow to marinate for about 4 hours.
5) Place on a well-greased grill over low burning coals.
6) Grill for 10 minutes, turn and grill for another 10 minutes.
7) When the fish is completely white and flakes easily, take off the grill.
8) Baste frequently with marinade during grilling.
9) Serve with a side of steamed vegetables.