2) Score the steak all over the surface with a knife to make a diamond pattern.
3) In a deep dish, place the steak and pour over the marinade.
4) Allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 to 4 hours.
5) Place the marinated steak on the grill and season with salt and pepper.
6) Grill the steak for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
7) Remove from the grill and allow the steak to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
8) Slice and serve the grilled steak with fresh salad greens.
If you are not so sure about grilling a flank steak at your backyard, you should learn the proper method. In this video, chef shows the right way to marinate and grill the meat. Once marinated, this steak is ready just within 10 minutes, and you can use it in whatever way you like.