Steak Marchand De Vins
|Chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Soup stock||3 Tablespoon (Very Thick)|
|Lemon juice||3 Drop|
|Porter house steaks||4 (1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
1) In a wide saucepan, place the chopped shallots and add wine; cook to reduce in volume by more than 1 1/2 and set aside to cool.
2) Cream the shallot- wine mixture with the butter.
3) Also cream in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and soup stock.
4) Poke the marrow from the beef leg bone 2-inch sections.
5) Before slicing poach the marrow for a minute in salted water.
6) Gently grill the steaks over a fire wood.
7)Serve the grilled steaks on a plate, scatter over small pieces of the beef marrow and cover with the sauce.
The prepared Bordelaise sauce can also be served over the grilled mushrooms, or liver and on the broiled lamb, or mutton chops,