Home Style Round Steak
|Beef round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon cube||1 , crumbled|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Kitchen bouquet||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Cut steak into 4 equal sized pieces.
3. Season and dredge the meat with flour.
4. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil
5. Brown the meat in hot oil.
6. Pour in 1 cup water and stir in bouillon cube, parsley, sugar and thyme.
7. Place a tight fitting lid on the casserole.
8. Transfer to the preheated oven.
9. Braise the meat for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the meat if tender.
10. Remove casserole from the oven and transfer the meat to a serving platter.
11. Make a slurry of flour in ½ cup cold water.
12. Pour the juices from the casserole into a sauce pan. Add water to equal 1 ½ cups.
13. Stir slurry into the liquid and add bouquet garni
14. Simmer on a medium flame, stirring constantly until gravy is thick.
15. Pour gravy over beef
16. Serve accompanied with vegetables and a tossed salad.
17. Accompany with your favorite red wine.