Round Steak And Vegetables
|Round steak||2 Pound, cut 1/2 -inch thick|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill pickles||4 , cut in half lengthwise|
|Beef bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cut round steak into 8 serving size pieces.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the steak pieces with seasoned flour.
4. Use a meat hammer or edge of a saucer to flatten the steaks.
5. Dredge again with flour.
6. In the center of each steak, place a strip of carrot, celery and a dill pickle.
7. Fold over meat and secure with a tooth pick
8. In a large skillet, heat the shortening.
9. Sear the steaks on both sides.
10. Pour in bouillon and add seasonings.
11. Cover the skillet and reduce the flame.
12. Simmer meat for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until meat is tender.
13. Serve the steaks with the sauce spooned on top.