|Chuck steak||4 Pound, cut 2 inches thick (1 Piece)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary leaf||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove the steak from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. Trim off any excess fat, then score the remaining fat edge at 1-inch intervals so the meat will lie flat on the grill.
2. Brush the steak all over with the vegetable oil; pat the rosemary onto both sides of the steak. Let the steak stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Prepare the grill so the coals are medium-hot.
4. Grill the steak 5 inches from the heat for 15 minutes per side for rare, 20 minutes per side for medium, 25 minutes per side for well done, or until the steak is done as you like it.
5. Remove the steak to a cutting board or a large platter. Dot the steak with butter or margarine and let melt into the steak. Sprinkle the steak with the chives. Slice the steak 1/4 inch thick.