Cod Steaks Topped with Tomato and Basil
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Loosely packed basil leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Medium dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cod steaks||1 1⁄4 Pound, central bones removed (4 Steaks)|
1. Preheat the grill. Cut out four 12 x 16-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Brush the olive oil over the foil.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the basil and sherry, and season the mixture with the salt and pepper.
3. Lay a cod steak in the center of each piece of foil and top it with one-fourth of the tomato mixture. Bring the two short sides of the foil together and fold over as you would to wrap a sandwich. Fold in the ends to seal the packets.
4. Place the packets on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook for 5 minutes on the second side.
5. Unwrap the packets with the tomato-side up and slide the contents of each one onto an individual plate. Remove and discard the thin strips of cod skin and serve the steaks at once.