Cod Steaks Topped with Tomato and Basil
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Loosely packed basil leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Medium dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cod steaks||1 1⁄4 Pound, central bones removed (4 Steaks)|
1. Preheat the grill. Cut out four 12 x 16-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Brush the olive oil over the foil.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the basil and sherry, and season the mixture with the salt and pepper.
3. Lay a cod steak in the center of each piece of foil and top it with one-fourth of the tomato mixture. Bring the two short sides of the foil together and fold over as you would to wrap a sandwich. Fold in the ends to seal the packets.
4. Place the packets on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook for 5 minutes on the second side.
5. Unwrap the packets with the tomato-side up and slide the contents of each one onto an individual plate. Remove and discard the thin strips of cod skin and serve the steaks at once.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 217.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet