Rosemary Garlic Steak Recipe (Pan Seared)
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
1. Sprinkle kosher salt on the steak generously on one side and little on the second side.
2. Cover and set aside for 25 minutes.
3. After 25 minutes, wash the steak well to rinse off all the extra salt.
4. Using paper towel, pat dry the steak.
5. In a bowl, mix, rosemary, oregano, onion powder and black pepper. Mix well.
6. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the steak to coat it well.
7. Put garlic on it and press it inside the flesh.
8. Sprinkle the prepared seasoning all over the steak and rub it on them.
9. Place each steak slice in separate zip lock bags and put few fresh sliced onion rings into them.
10. Seal them after removing air and refrigerate for 3 hours at least.
11. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and put an iron skillet in it till fuming hot.
12. Remove the steak from the fridge and leave it on the counter for a few minutes.
13. Place the hot skillet on the stove and heat it on high.
14. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put the steak carefully.
15. Sear it for 15 seconds on both sides without disturbing.
16. Transfer it into the oven and cook for on both sides flipping until done to the desired doneness.
17. Remove from the oven and cover it in foil and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
18. In a serving plate, serve the steak with choice of side like mashed potatoes or salad.
If desired saute the onions in the remaining olive oil and serve with the steak.
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.4%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.5 mg39.2%
Sodium 327.6 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 53 g105.4%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet