Rich Pan Fried Steaks
|Frying steak pieces/||8 (Pieces Depending On Size)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned, seeded and chopped|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (280 Milliliter)|
1. Place the meat between 2 sheets of greaseproof or waxed paper and pound with a rolling pin or a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the meat quickly, a few pieces at a time. Set the meat aside.
3. Melt the butter or margarine in the frying pan and add the flour. Cut the white part off the spring onions and chop it finely. Add to the flour and butter, reserving the green tops for later use.
4. Add the garlic to the pan and cook the mixture slowly, stirring frequently until it is a dark golden brown. Add the herbs, tomatoes, stock, Tabasco and salt and pepper to taste, and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes to thicken and then add the steaks. Cook to heat the meat through.
5. Chop the green tops of the spring onions and sprinkle over the steaks to garnish.