Carpet Bag Steak
|Rump steak slice||1 , cut 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) thick (Middle Cut)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||20 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Make a deep pocket in the steak. Rub the pocket with salt and black pepper. Pour the lemon juice over drained oysters. Reserve the oyster liquor together with a few oysters.
2. Fill the pocket with the oysters and close the pocket with toothpicks. Spread each fillet with half the butter.
3. Rub the steak with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Preheat the broiler and cook for 6 minutes each side spreading the balance of the putter on the other side of the steak.
5. Meanwhile reduce the oyster liquor in a saucepan to 1/2 cup. Add the reserved oysters, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the cornstarch in a little cold water and thicken the sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Cut the steak into 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) thick slices with a' knife held at an angle, cut across grain of the meat.