Diable Steak Roast
|Sirloin steak||1 , cut 2 inches thick|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, trimmed, seeded and sliced into rings|
|Red peppers||2 Large, trimmed, seeded and sliced into rings|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crumb topping||1 Ounce|
1. Remove steak from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Trim off any excess fat, then score remaining fat edge every inch so that meat will lie flat on grill.
2. Spread steak with mustard; let stand at room temperature.
3. When ready to cook meat, rub hot grill with a few fat trimmings to help prevent sticking. Place on the grill about 6 inches above coals.
4. Grill 15 minutes; turn. Grill 15 minutes longer for rare, or until steak is done as you like it. Remove from grill.
5. While meat cooks, saute green and red pepper rings in butter or margarine until soft in a large skillet at edge of grill; keep hot.
6. Brush steak all over with vegetable oil; pat Crumb Topping over top of meat; return to grill and heat just until crumbs are set.
7. Remove steak to a cutting board or large platter; place the pepper rings around edge. Slice steak 1/4-inch thick.