The Next Food Network Star - Audition Video
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into quarters|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat a grill on moderate high heat.
2. Line a serving plate with leafy greens.
3. Season the flank steak with salt pepper and olive oil on both sides.
4. Grill the flank steak for 3 to 4 minutes from both sides. Allow to sit for 7 to 10 minutes.
5. In a mixing bowl, put mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt and whisk to mix.
6. Cut the steak into slices.
7. Arrange the steak slices on the plate lines with leafy greens, scatter some, pecans, strawberries, blueberries, and blue cheese, drizzle some balsamic vinegar and serve.
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg9%
Sodium 351.7 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet