Masala Grilled Cod Steaks With Tomato
|Cod steaks||18 Ounce (4 Steaks, 125 Gram / 4 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried red chili||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (Plus 4 Sprigs For Garnish)|
|Coriander sprigs||4 (Fresh, For Garnish)|
|Red chili||1 Large, finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Firm tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Shredded ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 , quartered|
|For the mixed salad:|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||3 , torn into strips|
|Baby spinach leaves||10 Small (Whole)|
|Red onion||1 , sliced into rings|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Carrots||2 , finely grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse the cod steaks and pat them dry. Place them in a heatproof dish.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, crushed chillies, chopped coriander, fresh red chilli and salt to taste. Using a pastry brush, spread this mixture all over the cod steaks and set aside for about half an hour.
3. When ready to cook, heat the grill until it is as hot as you can get it, then turn it down to moderate. Place the cod steaks under it and grill them for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cod is cooked right through (the flesh flakes readily when pushed with a fork). Remove the steaks from under the grill and baste with any juices that have formed around the fish.
4. Sprinkle the tomato and shredded ginger over the fish steaks. Return to the grill and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, mix the leaves, onion, cucumber and carrot in a large bowl for the salad.
6. Remove the fish from the grill, arrange on 4 individual plates and garnish with the coriander sprigs. Arrange the salad beside the cod steaks, sprinkle with lemon juice and, if you wish, a little salt.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219.5 mg73.2%
Sodium 939.4 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.4%
Sugars 43.7 g
Protein 107 g214.3%
Vitamin A 641.9% Vitamin C 333.8%
Calcium 41% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet