Hotchef'S Crispy Hanger Steak with Shallots and Peppers
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For chili salad|
|Dried peppers||2 , sliced|
|Anaheim pepper||1 , cut in half (wood roasted)|
|Banana pepper in vinegar||1|
|Pickled shallots and jalapenos||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a plate, place the steak and marinate it with star anise, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, marinate for 2 to 3 days.
2. Preheat the oven to 415 F.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil and grape seed oil, sear the steak until light brown in colour.
4. Put the steak in the oven for about 2 minutes or until browned.
5. Remove the steak from the oven and allow to rest.
6. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the chili salad and stir well to combine.
7. Slice the steak across the grain in about ½ inch thick slices and arrange it on a serving plate.
8. Place the chili salad on side and serve.