Flank steak, marinated in a lime-garlic Cuban Mojo sauce, grilled and thinly sliced.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
9 Clove (45 gm), minced
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), freshly squeezed (from around 6 limes)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Leveled)
Salt & pepper
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced
1 1⁄2 Pound
1. CUBAN MOJO SAUCE: In a medium saucepan heat olive oil.
2. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Pour lime juice, water and season with salt and pepper, and cumin.
3. Over medium heat, bring back to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
4. In a roasting pan place steak and pour 2/3 cup Mojo sauce over steak.
5. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight (although I've gotten away with just a couple of hours).
6. Set the grill to medium or oven to broil.
7. Place the steak on the grill and sear it on both sides till done to desired consistency.
8. Close the lid of the grill and continue to cook for another 12 minutes.
9. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
10. In a serving plate, slice the steak and serve it with choice of salad. Drizzle the remaining Mojo sauce on the top.
Can also be served as main dish with bread or salad or mash potatoes.
Robin makes a classic Cuban sauce, Moo, which is used to marinade a steak in the given video. It's a classic dish for you to try when planning to grill something. The usp of this dish is that it can be prepared ahead and grilled at the last minute.