|Dry red wine||180 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Oregano||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Pepper||1 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Flank steaks/Inside round steaks||4 (1 Inch (2.5 Cm) Thick)|
|Cornstarch||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Cold water/2 tablespoon||30 Milliliter|
– Preheat oven broiler.
– In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients.
– Using a fork, prick the meat several times.
– Put steaks on a plate, coat with marinade, cover and refrigerate to marinate 18 to 24 hours. Turn meat 2 or 3 times during marinating.
– Drain steaks and set marinade aside.
– Broil steaks 5 or 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat.
– Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and water, add to marinade, and heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens to a translucent ruby color.
– Set the steaks on a warm serving platter, pour on the wine sauce, and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1138 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.9%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2175 mg90.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 97 g193.3%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet