Yummy Flank Steak Taco
|Flank steak/London broil||1 Large|
|Ears of corn||2 , roasted|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (Crema)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|White onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, diced|
|Fresh tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Poblano peppers||2 Medium, roasted and peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, marinate the steak in the juice of the two limes, a small handful of cilantro, garlic pepper (or garlic powder and black pepper), and a generous pour of extra virgin olive oil. Flip the steak and season the other side.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least and hour or two.
3. Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes on each side, until medium-rare (or medium, if desired). Let the steak rest off the grill for 15-20 minutes.
4. While the steak rests, make the corn relish. Cut the corn off of the roasted cobs with a knife.
5. In a skillet, heat 3 Tbsp of olive oil. When it gets hot, add in the onion, zucchini, garlic, and jalepeno. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir through and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add in the fresh tomato, stir through. Finally, add in the corn. Re-season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Total cook time should be about 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, place in a bowl. Add in the chopped poblano peppers.
8. After steak has rested, slice it into thin slices against the grain. Then further slice into bite-sized chunks.
9. Fill taco shells with some steak, corn relish, and a dollop of creme fraiche and a pinch of cilantro.
Chef’s Note: To roast corn, toss in oil, season with salt and pepper, roast in a preheated 375 degree oven until slightly golden brown. Use the same technique to roast the poblano peppers.