Pepper Steak On Rice
|Beef flank steak||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green peppers||2 , cored and cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and quartered|
|Canned bean sprouts||19 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. Slice flank steak across the grain into thin strips.
2. Mix 1/4 cup water, the soy sauce, garlic salt, sugar, ginger and pepper in a 2 1/2-quart microwave-oven-safe open oval casserole. Add meat and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Set in refrigerator to marinate
1 to 3 hours.
3. Add green pepper pieces to meat. Cook covered in microwave oven 5 minutes at Medium-High; stir once.
4. Add tomatoes and bean sprouts; stir. Cook covered in microwave oven 5 to 10 minutes at Medium-High, or until meat is fork-tender; stir once.
5. Mix cornstarch with cold water and stir into meat mixture. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 to 3 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2210 Calories from Fat 701
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.8%
Saturated Fat 31.9 g159.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 371.9 mg124%
Sodium 5702.1 mg237.6%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g50.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.4%
Sugars 39.6 g
Protein 224 g448.1%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 572.8%
Calcium 39.4% Iron 144.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet