Pepper Steak ~ Quick & Easy
|Beef chuck||2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Fresh ginger||3 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch squares|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1 inch squares|
|Green onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Celery stalks||4 , thinly sliced|
|Corn starch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Tomato||4 , cut into wedges|
1. Slice all the beef into 1/8” slices being sure to cut across the grain.
2. Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic and ginger and toss in meat coating completely. Let this marinade while cutting up all the vegetables.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan or wok and add beef and toss over high heat until browned. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cover allowing beef to braise for 30 minutes are until tender.
4. Remove lid, and turn heat to high and add in all vegetables except tomatoes. Continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes until vegetables are semi tender/crisp or to your preference.
5. Mix cornstarch with water to create a slurry and pour into pan, and stir as the mixture begins to thicken and turn into a gravy. Lower heat to low, add the tomatoes in, and stir around, letting the tomatoes get heated through but not falling apart.
6. Remove from heat, serve over long grain rice and enjoy!
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 1488.1 mg62%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet