Quick Fried Squid With Crab And Tomato Sauce
|Squid||1 Pound, cleaned and thawed (500 Grams, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Ginger root pieces||2 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Spring onions||3 , finely chopped|
|Canned crab meat||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Canned tomato puree||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spring onion||2 (To Garnish)|
1. Cut squid into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix together crab meat, tomato puree, sugar, soy sauce, chicken stock and dry sherry.
3. In a cup, blend corn flour with 1 tablespoon water to make smooth paste.
4. In a wok or deep frying pan, heat oil.
5. Add ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Add prepared squid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the crab meat mixture and stir fry briskly for 2 minutes.
8. Stir the corn flour paste into the wok.
9. Cook with constant stirring, until the sauce thickens.
10. Serve the squid and crab mixture into a warmed serving dish.
11. Garnish with spring onion.
12. Serve immediately.