Squid And Green Peppers
|Squid||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Green pepper||1 , cored and deseeded|
|Fresh root ginger slice||2 , peeled|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the squid by cleaning first.
2. Discard head, transparent back bone and the ink bag.
3. Wash thoroughly under cold running water.
4. Pat dry cleaned squids with paper towels.
5. Peel off the thin skin of the squid.
6. Cut the flesh into small pieces.
7. Slice green pepper into thin strips.
8. Thinly shred the fresh ginger root.
9. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat oil until it is fairly hot.
10. Deep fry squid for about 30 seconds.
11. Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon.
12. Remove excess oil from the wok saving about 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok for stir frying vegetables.
13. Add ginger, green pepper and deep fried squid to the wok.
14. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
15. Add salt, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.
16. Cook for about 1 minute with constant stirring until all the ingredients combine well
17. Drizzle sesame oil and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 528.5 mg176.2%
Sodium 2897.2 mg120.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 219.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet