Squid With Dried Shrimps And Green Pepper
|Squid||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Dried shrimps||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce/Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Spring onion greens||1 (To Garnish)|
1. To prepare the squid, pull off the head and remove the transparent 'quill' and innards. Peel off the skin. Cut the squid body into thin rings. Cut the tentacles from the head just below the eyes. Set aside the rings and tentacles and discard the rest.
2. Soak the shrimps in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the water.
3. Mix together the oyster or soy sauce, sherry, ketchup, reserved soaking water and cornflour. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a wok, add the spring onions, pepper and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the squid and shrimps and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until just cooked.
5. Pour in the sauce, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately, garnished with spring onion brushes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.3%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1059.1 mg353%
Sodium 1252.8 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 75 g149.2%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 272.1%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet