1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (either rice syrup or corn syrup)
1 Tablespoon, roasted (as required)
1. Cut 1 pound of dried shredded squid into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2. To make seasoning sauce:
3. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon mix ½ cup hot pepper paste, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil), mulyeot (either rice syrup or corn syrup) 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoon sesame oil until it becomes a shiny red sauce.
4. Put the squid strips into the seasoning sauce and mix it with a spoon.
5. Transfer it in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
6. Serve it with rice as side dish after sprinkling some roasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Want a Korean side dish for office lunch? Maangchi has a super simple dry shredded squid dish Ojingeochae muchim which she makes for her lunch box. All she does is tosses the dried squid in a sweet, spicy and shiny paste. Give it a try when you have almost no time to cook a side dish.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.2 mg88.1%
Sodium 651.8 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 0.8%
Vitamin C 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Korean Ojingeochae Muchim Recipe Video, Korean Dried Shredded Squid