Stir Fried Fresh Squid And Vegetables
|Fresh squid||1 Pound|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Clean squid and cut in l inch squares.
2. Slice bamboo shoots, celery and dried onion. Stem and blanch snow peas.
3. In one cup, combine stock, sugar and soy sauce; in another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then squid; stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
5. Add sliced vegetables and stir-fry 1/2 minute more.
6. Add stock-sugar mixture and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are nearly done (2 to 3 minutes).
7. Stir in blanched snow peas to heat through. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.