|Squid||32 , cleaned and tentacles removed|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed in a garlic press|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried black currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Reserve squid. Rinse tentacles in cold water. Drain and mince finely.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil, add onion and minced tentacles and cook over low heat until tentacles turn pink. Add water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, add rice, parsley, mint, basil, garlic, pine nuts, currants, and 1/2 cup of the wine.
3. Simmer until liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. Cool.
4. Using a teaspoon, stuff each squid cavity loosely with the rice mixture. Arrange squid in rows in a large baking dish. Combine the remaining wine and olive oil with enough water to reach half the depth of the squid. Season with additional salt and pepper. Cover.
5. Bake at 325°F about 40 minutes, or until squid is tender. Drizzle with lemon juice